South Cemetery is a combination of old cemeteries, St. Mark’s, St. Andrew’s U.P., and English Lutheran (from Butler Co. History 1895)
The South Cemetery is owned in common by the German and English Lutheran and the United Presbyterian congregations. In 1850 John NEGLEY deeded land to the German Lutherans, and subsequently to the English Lutherans, and still later the McQUISTION heirs made a deed of a small tract of land adjoining upon the south, to the United Presbyterian church.
The enclosure, which occupies a commanding position, now comprises nearly seven acres.
In this cemetery lie the remains of many of the pioneer settlers of Butler.
For information about the St. Mark’s portion of the cemetery call the church office at (724)287-6741.